Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hearts and a Rosary

"Heart"


Hey hey! I Hope everyone is enjoying the start of the holiday season. We finally brought our tree inside today. I named her Fredricka. She looks like a Fredricka. Pictures to come, in all likelihood. We'll be decorating tonight. Fun fun. Decorating is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. I have no idea why though. It just is.
One morning a few days ago I was walking past the coffee table in the living room and my little sister's necklace was lying on it. It was twisted into the shape of a heart. The pendent on it is also a heart. My mom and dad got it for her when they sent to the island St. Croix over the summer. It was so perfect already and all I had to do was take the picture. Hearts are very important things. And I mean that literally and figuratively. Without hearts how would we love? So today I am thankful for a brave heart that has the capability to love lots of people.


"Prayer"


My dear friend made this leather rosary for me. My grandma was Catholic so rosaries have some sentimental value to me. My friend went on a missions trip to Honduras and he made a bunch of rosaries for the kids. He had some left over so he gave one to me. It's is friends like these that make me think of Philippians 1:3. "I thank God every time I remember you."

And so, friends, Philippians 1:3. Merry Christmas!

No comments: