Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And the Award Goes To...

What I'm Listening To: Citizen/Soldier by 3 Doors Down


"Huggable Soldier"


Meet Sean. Soldier Defender Warrior Handsome Gallant Strong Fearless Ready Gentle Affable Funny Caring. All of these words I would use to describe my Christ-Brother.
Sean is headed to the Military Academy this summer and will be joining the Army in a few years. He is our soldier. Sean isn't violent necessarily, but the aura of safety and protection that he carries is what makes him, (to me, at least), a true soldier. Sean is not afraid of our tears. He doesn't mind when we break down. He takes the time to talk to us when something's wrong. He'll listen and he'll give subtle advise but he never presses for details. And one of the things that I think is most important, Sean knows that sometimes the solution to a problem is just a hug.
Sean, I will miss you terribly but I am so proud of you. We've decided that you win the best big brother award. Be strong. We'll be waiting!
1 John 2:14b "I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one."

No comments: